Monday 2 January 2017

My New Year's Resolution Locket List



Making New Year’s resolutions is a ritual I like to sustain. In the end, new years are for new beginnings, new and better habits, fresh starts, (after-all that January diet didn’t last til Autumn did it?) and ultimately, a better you and who wouldn’t want that?

This year I’d like to do the whole New Year res slightly differently. Why don’t you join me? You’ve heard of bucket lists I’m sure. How do bucket lists make you feel when you check each one off? Sense of fulfilment? Accomplishment? Achievement? Satisfaction? Or maybe you’ve never made one and I’ve just reminded you that it’s a good idea. I’m right aren’t I. (wink face)- *smiles*

I wanted to create some sort of bucket list for my year ahead. A Locket list. So rather than creating a list to accomplish over a lifetime, it’s a list you can work for during the year ahead so you finish the year and walk into the new one feeling totally and utterly fulfilled.

Clause- I’ve named it Locket list because it’s something you WILL hold on to for life even if you’ve checked it off in the space of a year. It’s hopefully not something you just tick off and forget about. Personally, I would like a checklist that will have a ripple effect on my life.

Bit of background:
So I am not super spiritual, I don’t go to spiritualist churches. I don’t hold rocks for healing purposes. I don’t sit in groups to meditate with candles. And I certainly don’t hug trees. But..my Nana is very much into this way of life and owns her own healing centre in the quiet hills of Welshpool, Wales and so I’ve been around spiritualism to an extent and understand its benefits.



I particularly like to believe in psychic abilities and I very much do so. I don’t care or need to know how it works but I am certainly open to listening to people with these capabilities and what they can offer.

Two years ago, my Nana took me to see a psychic she knows in Wales. Although I sat there, listening to the half hour reading willingly, I left her house crying and upset with what she had just told me. She had lied. She was either saying things that were completely obvious based on my age or things that could and would not possibly be true. Within two years everything she said came true. Remarkable. In that time I had seemed to attract everything she mentioned whether I thought I wanted it or not. She drilled into my love life, my work life, my character, my outlook on life.
One thing that hasn’t exactly come to life yet was ‘travel’. She mentioned Australia to me and talk of Australia. I nodded along with her, telling her my sister really wanted to go and she was right, there was a lot of talk of it.
She replied firmly, not your sister, you.

I left feeling disheartened with the reading, knowing that everybody goes to Australia, whether it be for a few months-to a year. It’s a very popular place for many young people to travel to. However it had never crossed MY mind. But a year after seeing the psychic, Australia kept popping into my head and I pictured myself there, going there, even working there. It was food for thought. And sometimes that’s all it needs to be. (Inspiration).

In two years my life changed drastically. I moved house (and cities), changed jobs and felt fully single. I was inspired and this all lead to my below Locket List.

Health & Fitness
I’d like to eat healthily again. I’m talking the way I ate when I first left uni, trying to get my original pre-uni bod back. I was no Gigi Hadid, but I felt happy in a bikini. By the Summer time, I’d quite like to have abs of steel and a bubble butt. (It will be a first but determination and willingness will get you far). I’ve bought myself a kettle bell. It’s a start. But I’m joining the gym. It’s time again.



Wealth & Work
I’d like to work hard in my job, the kind of hard that deserves a pay rise. I don’t mean working ridiculous hours or working so hard that you jeopardise other areas of your life. But I’d like to use my new motivation and ambition- to focus, learn more and build my skills to hit targets for all the right reasons.
On the side, I’d like to start my own business. I have a few ideas and my first step would be website creation. I’m feeling all business like and I’m seeing pound signs. I’m feeling optimistic. If you believe you can achieve, you will achieve. The mind is a powerful thing and we all know it.

Love & Happiness
What I have come to realise through experience is that nobody should enter a relationship unless they are completely happy with their life alone. That means entering a relationship for all the wrong reasons and it’s not something I would personally want to do.  Another person won’t make you happy, happiness starts with yourself. Emotions and energies are contagious and a broken you will equal a broken relationship. (This works both ways). Over the past year, unconsciously I’ve realised I have taken this perhaps too extremely in the sense that I have pushed people away. However, I have also learnt not to settle, not to let men disrespect me. I totally respect myself and know what I deserve and I won’t accept any less.
I know never to regret anyone in my life. The good people will give happiness, bad people will give experience, the worst people will give a lesson and the best people will give memories.
So I am open to meeting a new man. (As long as he looks like Sean Faris, kidding). I know that if the door doesn’t open, it just wasn’t my door. (wink face)- *smiles*

Time & Travel
I’d like to take up my writing again. I’ve missed it. This is my first post in two years.
Never say you don’t have time. Guilty.. But excuses don’t exist. It’s simply about priorities. If you want to, you’ll find time. And so I will...
I’d like to start saving on food and cutting back on going for drinks. I’m foods biggest fan, but lunches and treats will have to take a back seat as I save to see more of the world. I’d like to take more city breaks, weekends away, book holidays to places I’ve always wanted to go.
I also realised that blogging about experience is an exciting way to remember it. Sure, a picture can tell a thousand words but sometimes the best memories aren’t caught on camera and you can’t always rely on memory to reminisce. Reading back my posts about a city break to Barcelona had me smiling. Blog it! Document it, diarise it. You’ll thank yourself later.



They say,, you travel because distance and difference are the secret tonic to creativity. When you get home, home is still the same. But something inside your mind has changed and that changes everything.

Money can’t buy you happiness but experience sure can.

Happy New Year people, enjoy it xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment